Your Students Will Love The Forebay!
Have your next field trip at the Forebay, your students will LOVE spending the day with us in our outdoor classroom! We offer many different program options, and our experienced instructors will customize the hands-on activities to the unique standards and modules of your grade. Learn more about our different programs, and how to have your next field trip at the Forebay below.
We Encourage Hands-On Learning
Field trips are available between March - October, with assistance available for funding and transportation. We offer a huge variety of customizable program options that students will love. Come play in our outdoor classroom while our instructors provide a fun, educational experience that kids will never forget!
Explore Our Program Offerings
We pride ourselves on offering many different programs in a wide range of options; from water safety to fundamentals of kayaking. Our instructors will get your students excited to learn about science and nature with hands-on activities that teach valuable lessons about our environment.
We Emphasize Team Building
Teachers and parents love the team-building aspect of our programs. Treat your class to a day at the Forebay and let us show you how we encourage them to work together in a variety of ways, developing positive habits that will carry over even when they're back in the classroom.
The average cost per student is $5-$10, depending on program choices. Grants awarded to us by the California Department of Parks (Division of Boating & Waterways) help to keep costs low.
These funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information on how to book your outdoor adventure, get in touch with us!
- Water Safety: Boating instruction & paddle science
- Project Wet & Wild: Native plant, animal, & bird life exploration
- Guided Hike with a Naturalist:Native Maidu customs and history
- Team Building: Games and activities designed to foster cooperation
- Local Geography: History of the state water system and human impact
- Overnight Camping: Exploration of the night sky
ARE YOU A TEACHER?
- End or begin the school year with a day on the Forebay!
- Customized programs can include OEFA-sponsored environmental education.
- Our field trip programs provide hands-on learning and offer authentic experiences that will meet the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Is your class already signed up for a field trip to the Forebay? Download our handout for parents that covers everything their kids will need for a day of fun!
- Interested in teaching your students a bit more about water safety? Check out our Resources &
Dates available April through October.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.